Training Support Program
Our four WorkBC Centres offer support which can assist eligible individuals to more readily return to work by first engaging in necessary training.
Sometimes people are challenged to secure work because they lack current certification matching available opportunities. This program may assist with expenses related to taking training and maintaining basic household expenses while completing a course.
- must be attached to EI to apply
- up to $7,500 in tuition plus living supports, books, supplies, transportation, dependent care and disability supports can be applied for
- training should be the most direct return to work
- allow up to 8 weeks for the process
- these funds are not a loan but are taxable income
- all applicants will need to contribute towards the overall cost of training
To be eligible to participate in Training Support Program, you must
- live in the catchment area
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be unemployed and receiving Employment Insurance (EI), or
- have received EI Benefits in the past (Reachback EI Client or former EI Claimant), or
- have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid EI employee premiums on those earnings in at least 5 (consecutive or non-consecutive) of the last 10 years, or
- have received EI Maternity or Parental benefits that started in the past five years, or
- be a Single Parent on BCEA or,
- have BCEA PWD/PPMB designation, or
- have a general disability designation.