Wage Subsidy Program
Lacking skills or experience? This program is ideal for you! Receive on the job training while employers receive a wage subsidy to offset costs of hiring you….
Why wage subsidy?
You are motivated and enthusiastic but lack the experience or the required skills for the position. You can promote yourself to employers by letting them know you are wage subsidy eligible while you receive on-the-job training. You could land a job that leads to a long term career!
You are eligible to become a wage subsidy job seeker if you
- live in the catchment area
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be unemployed and receiving Employment Insurance (EI), or
- have received EI Benefits in the past (Reachback EI Client or former EI Claimant), or
- have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid EI employee premiums on those earnings in at least 5 (consecutive or non-consecutive) of the last 10 years, or
- have received EI Maternity or Parental benefits that began in the past five years, or
- be eligible for the Single Parent Employment Initiative.
How to register for wage subsidy
Call your local WorkBC Centre to schedule an appointment or drop in and meet with our friendly staff.